Turn your Arduino into the best gift of all
Second, this is for my dear dear wife. Yep, I got lucky enough to have a wife who likes to solder. We found out this summer when out of the blue she asked me if she could solder my RockSat PC board. We also are huge fans of snow flakes. We even had a snow flake themed wedding! Finally, this our 6th year of marriage, so what could be better than a 6 pointed snow flake!
Ok, so get ready, get set, Lets make one together!
Step 1: Get ready!
- Eagle CAD (if you design your own)
- Paint.Net (Photoshop or Gimp will work)
- Arduino IDE
- Windows Paint
- Arduino or Arduino clone
- LED’s. I was quite pleased with Microtivity LED’s.
- 0.1 male headers
- Soldering iron
- Clothes iron
- Something to cut the PCB (I used a bandsaw)
- Something to drill the PCB (I used a drill press)
Step 2: Design snowflake
If you like my original design you can skip this step and go straight to etching. I would like to guilt trip you a tad and remind you that every snow flake is unique. Copying violates that, but if you can live with it, so can I 🙂
- Export PCB in eagle to clipboard
- Open paint.net and insert
- Find and open snowflake in Paint.Net
- Resize snow flake appropriately
- Create a new image with 3 layers, the black flake, traces in black, traces in white.
- Layers should go flake, white traces, black traces.
- Use a blur function to widen the white layer.
- Use magic wand to select widened traces.
- Use paint bucket to thicken up those traces.
- Save as bitmap!
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 (For Any Color)
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 600,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Daily
How to Get PCB Cash Coupon from JLCPCB: https://bit.ly/2GMCH9w
This Post / Project can also be found using search terms:
- arduino gift projects
- gift using ardino