Texas Instruments’ eFuse can be used for hot-swap and power rail protection applications
Texas Instruments’ TPS1663 is an easy-to-use, positive 60 V, 6 A eFuse with a 31 mΩ integrated FET. Protection for the load, source, and the eFuse itself are provided along with adjustable features such as accurate overcurrent protection, fast short circuit protection, output slew rate control, overvoltage protection (OVP), and undervoltage lockout (UVLO). The device includes adjustable overcurrent functionality. PGOOD can be used for enabling and disabling control of the downstream DC/DC converters.
The shutdown pin provides external control for enabling and disabling the internal FET and placing the device in a low current shutdown mode. For system status monitoring and downstream load control, the device provides fault and precise current monitor output. The MODE-pin allows flexibility to configure the device between the two current-limiting fault responses (latch-off and auto-retry). The devices are available in a 4 mm × 4 mm 24-pin VQFN package and are specified over a -40°C to +125°C temperature range.
- Operating voltage: 4.5 V to 60 V (absolute max: 67 V)
- Integrated 60 V, 31 mΩ RON hot-swap FET
- Adjustable current limit: 0.6 A to 6 A (±7%)
- Low quiescent current: 21 µ in shutdown
- Adjustable UVLO and OVP cut-off with ±2% accuracy
- Package: VQFN
- Adjustable output slew rate control for inrush current limiting:
- Charges large and unknown capacitive loads through thermal regulation during device power-up
- Selectable OVC fault response options between auto-retry and latch-off (MODE)
- Analog current motor (IMON) output (±6%)
- UL 2367 and UL 60950 recognition pending
Read more: TPS1663 60 V, 6 A POWER LIMITING EFUSE