The MLX90641 is a 16×12 pixel IR array housed in an industry standard 4-lead TO39 package and is able to accurately measure temperatures in the range of -40 °C to +300 °C. The factory-calibrated devices ensure an accuracy of 1 °C in typical measurement conditions. The high accuracy is further supported by a Noise Equivalent Temperature Difference (NETD) of 0.1 K RMS at 4 Hz refresh rate. The refresh rate is programmable in steps from 0.5 to 64 Hz.
Two different field of view (FoV) options are available, a standard 55 ° x 35 ° and a wide angle 110 ° x 75 °. The device is simple to use, operating from a single 3.3 V supply and storing all results in internal RAM for access via an I²C compatible digital interface. A proprietary algorithm ensures high thermal stability, even in conditions where the temperature is changing rapidly. The device’s robustness, combined with the extended operating temperature range (-40 °C to +125 °C) enables applications in harsh thermal environments such as cooking, industrial and automotive applications.
- Extended operating temperature range (-40 °C to +125 °C)
- Enhanced thermal stability
- Low noise equivalent temperature difference (NETD) 0.1K RMS at 4 Hz refresh rate
- Evaluation board available
- I²C compatible digital interface
- Two different field of view (FoV) options: standard 55 °x 35 ° and 110 °x 75 ° wide angle
- Measurement object temperature between -40 to +300 °C
- A typical target object temperature accuracy of 1 °C
- No re-calibration needed
- 4-pin TO39 package incorporating the requisite optics
- Programmable refresh rate (in several steps between 0.5 and 64 Hz)