Designed for use in Advanced Robotics and Drones, Premium Camera Applications, Artificial Intelligence Platforms, and other Cutting-edge IoT Devices.
Intrinsyc Technologies Corporation, a leading provider of solutions for the development and production of embedded and Internet of Things (IoT) products, today announced the Open-Q™ 845 µSOM (micro System on Module) and Development Kit, to be available in the fourth quarter of 2019.
The Open-Q™ 845 µSOM is the latest product in the evolution of Intrinsyc’s µSOM computing module series. It is an ultra-compact (50mm x 25mm), production-ready embedded module, ideal for powering the most advanced robotics, drones, cameras, and embedded IoT devices requiring the latest on-device AI powers. Featuring the Qualcomm® SDA845 system on chip (SoC) from Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., the 845 µSOM integrates many new features and capabilities in the same small form-factor:
- Higher performing Octa-core CPU – up to 2.6GHz on Gold cores
- New hardware-based security layers for vault-like defense
- Third generation Qualcomm® AI platform for immersive, on-device intelligence
- Four camera ports with flexible configurations supports up to 7 cameras
- New camera architecture for cinema grade video capture
- DisplayPort 4K60 via USB Type-C with USB super-speed data concurrency
- Additional USB3.1 port for device connectivity while using DisplayPort
- Gen3 PCIe interface.
This powerful new hardware platform will be supported by your choice of full-featured Android 9 or Yocto Linux operating systems, with plans for offering Android 10 by Q2 next year. The Android 9 operating system will be shipped on the development kit and is an ideal starting point for evaluation of the SOM and to kick-start your product development. If you prefer a Linux OS, that will be available to download from Intrinsyc and program onto your development kit. Full software documentation will also be included with purchase of the development kit.