The capabilities of sensors and sensing systems have grown considerably in recent years, making data acquisition (DAQ) systems increasingly complex as the amount of data flowing and the processing required in these systems multiplies. FPGA devices are perfectly suited to high performance DAQ because of their flexibility, configurability, performance, and parallel processing capabilities. Data ingress and pre-processing with FPGAs is unmatched with any other technology.
From custom machine vision cameras to extremely sophisticated research-grade metrology and cutting-edge LIDAR systems, Opal Kelly modules and the FrontPanel SDK allow our customers to focus on their core competency to leap ahead of the competition and stay on the bleeding edge. Engineers leverage FrontPanel, relying on a proven system for professional-grade USB connectivity.
The XEM7310MT Artix-7 based FPGA module offers a turnkey SuperSpeed USB 3.0 host interface using Opal Kelly’s FrontPanel SDK. System designers can build fully-operational prototype and production designs quickly by integrating this device into their product. From multi-sensor aggregators to high-speed JESD-204B data acquisition and software-defined radio, the XEM7310MT provides multiple interfaces to manage data ingress and egress with the flexible and efficient power of FPGA processing to offload host processors.
Visit opalkelly.com to see our full line of FPGA modules for data acquisition and other FPGA applications.
XEM7310MT Product Features:
- Xilinx Artix-7 XC7A75T or XC7A200T
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface (Cypress FX3) for configuration and data transfer
- Measured performance over 340 MiB/s
- 1-GiB DDR3 with 32-bit data bus
- Low-jitter 200 MHz clock oscillator
- 136 user I/O including MRCC and SRCC pins
- 1 Gigabit Transceiver Quad (4 tx pairs, 4 rx pairs, 2 ref clk pairs)
- FrontPanel SDK: Complete Application Programmer’s Interface (API) in C, C++, C#, Ruby, Python, and Java
Read more: HIGH-PERFORMANCE FPGA MODULES WITH SUPERSPEED USB 3.0 INTERFACES