Create Mobile Apps for Android and iOS Connecting to the MKR
This simple project shows how to make an app that controls an Arduino MKR1000 board with Evothings Studio by communicating over the TCP.
MKR1000 is a powerful board that combines the functionality of the Zero and the Wi-Fi Shield. It’s based on the Atmel ATSAMW25 that is part of the SmartConnect family of Atmel Wireless devices, specifically designed for IoT. It offers the ideal solution for makers seeking to add Wi-Fi connectivity with minimal previous experience in networking.
Evothings Studio is a mobile application enabler for the industrial Internet of Things (IoT). It’s really interesting technology to simplify the development process and fun to make apps in using Web Technologies, instead of native languages, is also great to connect faster our cloud services platform to the mobile Apps.
What you Need
This example runs in Evothings Viewer on Android or iOS.
You need to run this example in Evothings Viewer. Alternatively, you can build a Cordova application if you wish to distribute the app. You then need to include the Cordova plugin org.chromium.socket. Read more in the documentation of the Evothings Viewer.
For the Arduino setup, you need:
- Resistor 100 Ohm
How to Get up and Running
Follow these steps to get started with this example:
1. Wire up the Arduino MKR1000 board.
Open arduinowifi.ino in the Arduino development tool.
3. Enter the name and password for your WiFi network in arduinowifi.ino.
Upload the program to the MKR1000.
5. Open the Serial Monitor Window and look for the IP address of the MKR1000. (If the IP address is not displayed, check your WiFi network name and password.)
6. Run Evothings Workbench on your desktop/laptop computer. (If you not install Evothings Workbench, to download click here.)
8. Launch the example “Arduino LED On/Off TCP” from the Workbench window.
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 + 2 days Lead Time
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 300,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Per Day
Inside a huge PCB factory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XCznQFV-Mw