Texas Instruments TPSM846C24 35A Power Modules offer a fixed frequency and incorporate the controller, power MOSFETs, inductor, and associated components into a thermally enhanced, surface-mount package. To set the operating parameters of the module, the user supplies the input and output capacitors as well as a few other passive components. A two-phase power solution can be achieved by configuring two modules to work in parallel up to 70A with current sharing. The TPSM846C24 operates at an IC Junction Range of –40°C to +125°C. The device provides a 15mm × 16mm component footprint that is easy to solder onto a printed circuit board and allows a compact, point-of-load design.
TI’s PSM846C24, available from Mouser Electronics, is a fixed-frequency, 35 A, step-down power module that incorporates a controller, power MOSFETs, inductor, and associated components into a thermally enhanced, surface-mount package. Setting the operating parameters of the module requires just input and output capacitors as well as a few other passive components.
The module is supported by the TPSM846C24EVM-006 and TPSM846C24EVM-007 evaluation modules. Both evaluation modules provide test points and jumpers to facilitate easy testing. The TPSM846C24EVM-006 contains a single TPSM846C24 module, while the TPSM846C24EVM-007 contains two TPSM846C24 modules working in parallel to enable up to 70 A output current.
- Complete Integrated 35A Power Solution
- Power-Good Output
- Pin Compatible With TPSM846C23 (PMBus)
- Stackable up to 70A With Current Sharing
- Output Voltage Range 0.5V to 2V
- Output Voltage Accuracy as Tight as 0.5%
- 15mm × 16mm Footprint (6.4mm Maximum Height)
- 300kHz to 1MHz Switching Frequency
- Synchronization to an External Clock
- Differential Remote Sense
- Prebias Output Monotonic Start-up
- Fixed 3ms Soft-Start/Soft-Stop Time
- Overcurrent Protection