MP3 player using Arduino and DFPlayer mini
Hi guys, welcome to this tutorial. Today, we will build an mp3 player using an Arduino and the DFPlayer mini MP3 module.
The DFplayer mini is a small, low-cost mp3 module with a simplified audio output that can be connected directly to a speaker or an earphone jack. The module can be used as a stand-alone module with attached battery, speaker, and push buttons or used in combination with a microcontroller or development board like the Arduino, enabled for RX/TX (Serial) communication, thus through simple serial commands we can play music and perform other functions like playing the next and previous song, shuffle, pause the song currently being played etc. The module comes with an SDcard slot and supports both FAT16, FAT32 file system.
Some of the features of the DF player mini include:
- Support of sampling rate of 8KHz, 11.025KHz, 12KHz, 16KHz, 22.05KHz, up to 48KHz
- 24-bit DAC output, dynamic range support 90dB, SNR supports 85dB
- Supports FAT16, FAT32 file system, maximum support 32GB TF card
- A variety of control modes, serial mode, AD key control mode
- The broadcast language spots feature, you can pause the background music being played
- Built-in 3W amplifier
- The audio data is sorted by folder; supports up to 100 folders, each folder can be assigned to close to 1000 songs
- 30 levels of volume adjustable, 10 levels EQ adjustable.
The goal of this tutorial is to demonstrate the use of this module with Arduino, using the push buttons to instruct the Arduino to send serial commands to the module and control mp3. We will use three buttons to achieve this. The first button will serve as the “previous” button that will enable us to play the previous song. The second button will be to “play/pause” the file currently being played and the third button will be used to play the next file.
The following components are required to build this project;
As usual, each of this components can be bought via the link attached to them in the list above.
The schematics for this project is fairly easy
Read more: MP3 player using Arduino and DFPlayer mini
This Post / Project can also be found using search terms:
- dfplayer mini arduino project