MAX11311 – The Powerful Configurable Mixed Signal I/O
The MAX11311 is industry’s first configurable high-voltage mixed-signal I/O that allows user-defined ADC, DAC, or GPIO functionality.
Programming MAX11311 is very easy. A nice GUI tool helps to generate the right register values. If you want to make a universal signal processing board with a good number of I/O, it often gets very difficult to select a correct microcontroller. Finally, when you select one, it either has less I/O than you need or has fair enough number of I/O but burns your pocket. But if you know about MAX11311, then you’ve got a perfect solution.
The MAX11311 integrates a PIXI™, a 12-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC), and a 12-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC) in a single integrated circuit. This device offers 12 high voltage, bipolar ports. Each of the ports is configurable as an ADC analog input, a DAC analog output, a general-purpose input output (GPIO), or an analog switch terminal. One internal and two external temperature sensors track junction and environmental temperature. This feature prevents thermal runaway. Adjacent pairs of ports are configurable as a logic-level translator for open-drain devices or an analog switch.
- Up to 12 12-Bit ADC Inputs
- Single-Ended, Differential, or Pseudo-Differential Range Options: 0 to 2.5V, ±5V, 0 to +10V, -10V to 0V
- Programmable sample averaging per ADC port
- Unique voltage reference for each ADC PIXI port
- Up to 12 12-Bit DAC Outputs
- Range options: ±5V, 0 to +10V, -10V to 0V
- 25mA current drive capability with over-current protection
- Up to 12 General-Purpose Digital I/Os (GPIO)
- 0 to +5V GPI input range
- 0 to +2.5V GPI programmable threshold range
- 0 to +10V GPO programmable output range
- Logic-Level Shifting Between any two pins
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 + 2 days Lead Time
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 300,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Per Day
Inside a huge PCB factory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XCznQFV-Mw