Please subscribe to my YouTube channel.
In this tutorial we will hack our old school digital watch which is no longer working now.
So let’s fix the watch Control it’s LCD display which is known as D-type LCD display.
Step 1: Open the Watch
- Take the old school broken digital watch
- open the screws from behind.
- look and understand all part because we goanna close it again.
Step 2: Look at Display
- Apart from PCB we found a display
- this is a 7 segment bashed display.
- A rubber strip with it to connect PCB with display.
Step 3: Connect Wire on PCB and Make a Cut
- Connect wire at the PCB where Display is connected.
- The soldering of wire should be thing because we will close it again.
- make a cut as shown in image to disconnect the it’s controller with LCD.
Step 4: Connect With Arduino
- Connect all the wire with arduino uno.
- The are 16 wire on PCB.
- The 16 wire continuously connected to arduino’s 2nd pin to 13th pin and A0 pin to A3 pin.
Step 5: Upload the Code
- Download the code from link given below.
- There some pattern are forming by giving PWM on pins.
- the PWM is about 10 mili sec on and 7 mili second off.
Github link : – https://github.com/vishalsoniindia/Hack-Digital-W…
Step 6: Done
Now you can print any thing you want.