This tutorial is about pinout of the ESP32 development board, especially for ESP32 devkit. ESP32 devkit consists of ESP-WROOM-32 module. There are many versions of ESP32 chip available in the market. But ESP32 devkit uses ESP-WROOM-32module. But the functionality of all GPIO pins is the same across all ESP32 development boards. I find many people searching online about this development board. Many people are asking questions about how to use its GPIO pins? Which GPIO pin can be used as digital input output pin? Which GPIO pin can be used as an analog pin? Which pin should not be used to use this board safely. You will get the answer to these questions in this article. So now let’s begin with the introduction of GPIO pins of the ESP32 development board.
Introduction to ESP32 chip
introduction to programming ESP32 using the Arduino IDE. I’ll show you here how to program an ESP32, with 19-pins on each side, as an Arduino. But also, I’ll show the differences between this type of microcontroller and the Arduino itself. So, in addition to introducing ESP32 using the Arduino IDE, I’ll give you a practical example of how to do a digital reading and digital performance.
you can check these articles on ESP32:
- Introduction to the ESP32 development board
- How to install ESP32 in Arduino IDE – step by step guide
you can check more information about this chip here.
Main features of ESP32
Followings are the main features of ESP32 :
- It has on board 18 Analog to digital converts ADCs. Each ADC is 12 bit SAR technology based.
- 2 digital to analog converts DACs.
- It integrates9 touch sensors.
- For communication, it has 2 UART communications channels, 2 I2C communications interfaces, two I2S channels and one CAN communication interface.
- It has 16 pulse width modulation channels.
- It also has a cryptographic hardware acceleration module for various cryptographic algorithms like RSA, AES.
Introduction ESP32 pinout
The picture given below explains all the pins of this board. As I mentioned earlier chip which is used with the board has 48 GPIO pins. But we can not use all pins through these development boards.
This Post / Project can also be found using search terms:
- esp32 wroom 32 arduino
- esp wroom 32 arduino tutorial
- esp32 wroom 32