AS7221, AN IOT SMART LIGHTING MANAGER
ams AG, a multinational semiconductor manufacturer and provider of high performance sensors and analog ICs, had announced the AS7221, an integrated white-tunable smart lighting manager that can be controlled through its network connection by means of simple text-based commands.
AS7221 is a networking-enabled IoT Smart Lighting Manager with embedded tri-stimulus color sensing for direct CIE color point mapping and control. IoT luminaire control is through a network connection, or by direct connection to 0-10V dimmers, with control outputs that include direct PWM to LED drivers and analog 0-10V to dimming ballasts. A simple text-based Smart Lighting Command Set and serial UART interface, enable easy integration to standard network clients.
Key features of AS7221:
- Calibrated XYZ tri-stimulus color sensing for direct translation to CIE 1931/1976 standard observer color maps
- Autonomous color point and lumen output adjustment resulting in automatic spectral and lumen maintenance
- Simple UART interface for connection to network hardware clients for protocols such as Bluetooth, ZigBee and WiFi
- Smart Lighting Command Set (SLCS) uses simple text-based commands to control and configure a wide variety of functions
- Directly interfaces to 0-10V dimmer controls and standard occupancy sensors
- Built-in PWM generator to dim LED lamps and luminaires
- 12-bit resolution for precise dimming down to 1%
- 0-10V analog output for control of conventional dimming ballasts in a current steering design
- 20-pin LGA package 4.5mm x 4.7mm x 2.5mm with integrated aperture
The AS7221 is the first extension to ams’s recently announced Cognitive Lighting™ smart lighting manager family. The compact AS7221 will be available in a 5x5mm LGA package, for flexible integration into both luminaires and larger replacement lamps.
There are main domains of AS7221 applications, some of them are:
- Smart home and smart building
- Variable CCT general lighting industrial lighting
- Retail and hospitality lighting with white-color tuning
- LED tro ers, panel and downlights
- LED replacement lamps (LED bulbs)
Pricing for the AS7221 Spectral Tuning IoT Smart Lighting Manager is set at $3.13 in quantities of 10,000 pieces, and is available in production volumes now.
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 (For Any Color)
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 600,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Daily
How to Get PCB Cash Coupon from JLCPCB: https://bit.ly/2GMCH9w