+/- 1.7g Dual-Axis IMEMS Accelerometer Using ADXL203
The ADXL203 Module is high precision, low power, complete dual-axis accelerometers with signal conditioned voltage outputs, all on a single, monolithic IC. The ADXL203 measure acceleration with a full-scale range of ±1.7 g, ±5 g, or ±18 g. The ADXL203 can measure both dynamic acceleration (for example, vibration) and static acceleration (for example, gravity).The typical noise floor is 110 μg/√Hz, allowing signals below 1 mg (0.06° of inclination) to be resolved in tilt sensing applications using narrow bandwidths (<60 Hz).The user selects the bandwidth of the accelerometer using Capacitor CX and Capacitor CY at the XOUT and YOUT pins. Bandwidths of 0.5 Hz to 2.5 kHz can be selected to suit the application.
- Supply 4.75V To 5.25V
- Output 1.4V To 3V ( 2.2V Center ) Aproxx.
- High performance, dual-axis accelerometer on a single IC chip
- 5 mm × 5 mm × 2 mm LCC package
- 1 mg resolution at 60 Hz
- Low power: 700 μA at VS = 5 V (typical)
- High zero g bias stability
- High sensitivity accuracy
- −40°C to +125°C temperature range
- X and Y axes aligned to within 0.1° (typical)
- Bandwidth adjustment with a single capacitor
- Single-supply operation
- 3500 g shock survival
- Sensitivity is essentially ratiometric to VCC For VCC = 4.75 V to 5.25 V, sensitivity is 186 mV/V/g to 215 mV/V/g.
- 4 Actual frequency response controlled by user-supplied external capacitor (CX, CY).
- 5 Bandwidth = 1/(2 × π × 32 kΩ × C). For CX, CY = 0.002 μF, bandwidth = 2500 Hz. For CX, CY = 10 μF, bandwidth = 0.5 Hz. Minimum/maximum values are not tested. 6 Self-test response changes cubically with VS.
- 7 Larger values of CX, CY increase turn-on time. Turn-on time is approximately 160 × CX or CY + 4 ms, where CX, CY are in μF.
- Vehicle dynamic controls
- Electronic chassis controls
- Platform stabilization/leveling
- Alarms and motion detectors
- High accuracy, 2-axis tilt sensing
- Vibration monitoring and compensation