Toradex, a leader in embedded computing, announced today general availability for its Apalis System on Module (SoM) based on the NXP® i.MX 8QuadMax applications processor. The SoM has been available as part of Toradex’s ‘early access’ program to its key partners and customers for several months and has a minimum product availability until 2030.
The SoM is pin-compatible with the Apalis family, including i.MX 6 and NVIDIA®-based SoMs. This allows Apalis-based products to be easily scaled. All Toradex software and support resources are available, including a high-quality Yocto Project-based Linux BSP and the new upcoming easy-to-use Industrial Linux Platform Torizon. Operating Systems provided by partners include Android from Kynetics, QNX, and Greenhills INTEGRITY.
The NXP i.MX 8QM SoC is the highest performance variation of the i.MX 8 family, featuring 6x Armv8-A 64-bit processor cores – 2x Arm Cortex-A72 & 4x Cortex-A53 – as well as 2x additional Cortex-M4F microcontrollers. The integrated HIFI4 DSP, a high-performance dual GPU, 28 nm FD-SOI technology for decrease in soft error rates, and extra safety features are other highlights.
With this, you can leverage the Toradex Partner Ecosystem. Here are some highlights:
- Toradex Easy Installer Boot2Qt image, the easiest way to get started with Qt
- Crank Software Getting Started Docker Container
- Xnor.ai and Au-Zone provide advanced deep learning tools
- Allied Vision industrial-grade MIPI CSI camera makes use of the Apalis iMX8 dual camera interfaces
- Toradex also announced a collaboration with AWS focusing on AI at the Edge utilizing AWS IoT Greengrass and SageMaker Neo
- Apalis Smart Vision Kit from Antmicro with dual cameras
The high performance and rich feature set of the NXP i.MX 8QuadMax makes the part very attractive to a wide range of markets from Automotive to Industrial and IoT”, said Patrick Stilwell, Product Marketing Manager for the NXP i.MX 8 Family, NXP Semiconductors. “Partnering with leaders in the embedded board market such as Toradex enables NXP to serve a wider range of customers and help them get to market faster.” he added.
Read more: TORADEX ANNOUNCES ITS APALIS SOM BASED ON THE NXP I.MX 8QUADMAX APPLICATIONS PROCESSOR