Temperature and Humidity Data Logger using Arduino
In this project, we are going to make a temperature and relative humidity data logger. Arduino is the brain of this project. DHT22 sensor is used for sensing temperature and relative humidity. Arduino Uno is programmed to read temperature, humidity values from DHT22 sensor and save it to a file in an SD Card. So whenever required we can take the SD Card for viewing data. Here we will take data from SD card and import it to excel to plot graphs.
- Arduino Uno
- SD Card Module
- DHT22 Temperature and Humidity Sensor
- SD Card (Higher than 8GB)
- Connecting wires
First of all, we will connect the SD Card module to the Arduino. Arduino can do read write operations on SD Card via SPI protocol. So we need to connect the SD card module to SPI pins of Arduino, which are pins 13, 12, 11 and 10. Since it is using SPI protocol, it won’t work if we connect SD card module to normal digital IO pins.
- SD Card Module Ground to Arduino Ground
- VCC of the module to 5V output of Arduino
- MISO of module to pin 12 of Arduino
- MOSI of module to pin 11 of Arduino
- SCK of module to pin 13 of Arduino
- CS of module to pin 10 of Arduino
Then we can connect the DHT22 to the Arduino.
- Connect VCC of DHT22 to 5V output of Arduino
- Ground to ground of Arduino
- Data pin of DHT22 to pin 8 of Arduino
This Post / Project can also be found using search terms:
- temperature and humidity data logger wifi arduino uno pdf report
- what is the use of sd card (higher than 8gb) in Temperature and Humidity Data Logger using Arduino
- arduino temperature and humidity data logger
- ds18b20 tempeature data log arduino