POV Cylinder with Arduino Due
This is my first Arduino project. My work was inspired by several maker projects that created Persistence of Vision Displays [2,3,4].
Persistence of vision (POV) refers to the optical illusion whereby multiple discrete images blend into a single image in the human mind and believed to be the explanation for motion perception in cinema and animated films .
The projects [2,3,4] implement POV globe displays, using discrete LEDs and discrete shift registers. Instead my device is using a rotating cylinder and off-the-shelf RGB LED strips as POV Display.
The main features of my POV Cylinder are:
- POV (Persistence of Vision) Display
- Displays animated GIF pictures on a rotating cylinder
- The GIF pictures are stored in Arduino’s RAM or Flash
- Communication with PC via Bluetooth
- Cylinder Diameter: 200 mm
- Cylinder Height: 200 mm
- Cylinder material: Styrofoam
- Cylinder weight: 420 g
- 4 RGB LED Strips based on LPD8806
- Screen size 151 x 40 pixels
- Based on Arduino Due
- Includes HC06 Bluetooth module
- Controlled via Bluetooth from a PC
The mechanical construction is shown in the drawing below.
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 (For Any Color)
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 600,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Daily
How to Get PCB Cash Coupon from JLCPCB: https://bit.ly/2GMCH9w