MIDI Bass Pedal Arduino Encoder using arduino
MIDI BASS PEDAL ARDUINO UNIT
The MIDI Bass Pedal circuit is capable of encoding any number of momentary action, push to make, single pole single throw (SPST), switches from 1 up to 30 to produce the equivalent MIDI note-on/note-off data commands. The encoded switches are wired via IN4148 diodes. The keys are arranged in an 6 x 5 (30 keys) matrix, for up to a two and a half octave range.
The MIDI start Note is set to C1 (Note 24), but any different start note can be pre-programmed if required. The MIDI channel (1 to 16) is set using the 4-way DIP switch, see Table. The encoded switches are wired via IN4148 diodes, see switches schematic.
This unit can be connected to new bass pedals or it can be used with an older non-MIDI bass pedals by using magnetic/reed switches to isolate the old and new scanning circuits. This will allow the older bass pedal synthesizer to continue to operate as normal while also providing a MIDI output.
The MIDI Bass Pedal Arduino Unit consists of:
- An assembled Arduino Board
- An assembled MIDI IN & OUT circuit Board,
- A MIDI 5-pin DIN output socket,
- A MIDI 5-pin DIN input socket,
- 2 Male Headers x6,
- 1 Male Header x8,
- A power-on LED,
- A 4-way DIP switch which selects the MIDI channel at power-on, see Table 1
- The velocity byte is preset to the maximum value,
- The start Note of the keyboard encoder is preset to C2 (Note 36), but may be programmed to any value on request,
- A 2.1mm power socket, and associated LED.
DIP Switch Selections
MIDIChannel 4 3 2 1 on on on on 1 on on on off 2 on on off on 3 on on off off 4 on off on on 5 on off on off 6 on off off on 7 on off off off 8 off on on on 9 off on on off 10 off on off on 11 off on off off 12 off off on on 13 off off on off 14 off off off on 15 off off off off 16
Table 1 MIDI Channels
For more detail: MIDI Bass Pedal Arduino Encoder
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 + 2 days Lead Time
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 300,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Per Day
Inside a huge PCB factory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XCznQFV-Mw
This Post / Project can also be found using search terms:
- arduino peddleboard midi incoder
- midi bass arduino octave
- midi encoder organ bass pedal