LTC3106 – 300mA Low Voltage Buck-Boost Converter with PowerPath
- Dual Input Buck-Boost with Integrated PowerPath™ Manager
- Ultralow Start-Up Voltages: 850mV Start with No Backup Source, 300mV with a Backup Source
- Compatible with Primary or Rechargeable Backup Batteries
- Digitally Selectable VOUT and VSTORE
- Maximum Power Point Control
- Ultralow Quiescent Current: 1.6μA
- Regulated Output with VIN or VSTORE Above, Below or Equal to the Output
- Optional Backup Battery Trickle Charger
- Shelf Mode Disconnect Function to Preserve Battery Shelf Life
- Burst Mode® Operation
- Accurate RUN Pin Threshold
- Power Good Output Voltage Indicator
- Selectable Peak Current Limit: 90mA/650mA
- Available in Thermally Enhanced 3mm × 4mm 16-Pin QFN and 20-Pin TSSOP Packages
The LTC®3106 is a highly integrated, ultralow voltage buckboost DC/DC converter with automatic PowerPath management optimized for multisource, low power systems. At no load, the LTC3106 draws only 1.6μA while creating an output voltage up to 5V from either input source.
If the primary power source is unavailable, the LTC3106 seamlessly switches to the backup power source. The LTC3106 is compatible with either rechargeable or primary cell batteries and can trickle charge a backup battery whenever there is an energy surplus available. Optional maximum power point control ensures power transfer is optimized between power source and load. The output voltage and backup voltage, VSTORE, are programmed digitally, reducing the required number of external components. Zero power Shelf Mode ensures that the backup battery will remain charged if left connected to the LTC3106 for an extended time.
Additional features include an accurate turn-on voltage, a power good indicator for VOUT, a user selectable 100mA peak current limit setting for lower power applications, thermal shutdown as well as user selectable backup power and output voltages.
This Post / Project can also be found using search terms:
- Arduino based buck boost converter