IFA: more octo-core phones
Two phone makers have announced products with octa-core ARM processors from Taiwanese chip firm MediaTek at IFA in Berlin, where AllWinner announced an octo-core processor this morning.
Alcatel has used MT6592 which has eight ARM Cortex-A7s and an ARM Mali GPU in its Hero 2. The LTE modem is another MediaTek chip: the MT6290.
In its Vibe X2, Lenovo has gone for the MT6595 with four Cortex-A7, four of the more powerful Cortex-A17s, and an Imagination Technologies PowerVR Series6 GPU.
Multimedia capabilities include H.265 Ultra HD (4K2K) video recording and playback, and 480frame/s for slow-motion replay.
- 28nm HPM (high-performance mobile) process
- Octo-core (1.7 or 2GHz) Cortex-A7 apps processor
- Quad-core ARM Mali GPU
- UMTS, HSPA+ R8, TD-SCDMA, EDGE, LTE cellular modem
- Dual-band 801.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, FM radios
- HD display controller
- 16Mpixel camera signal-processor
- H.265 Ultra HD video record & playback
- Quad Cortex-A17 plus quad Cortex-A7 apps processor (all 8 or big.LITTLE)
- Imagination PowerVR Series6 GPU
- Rel. 9, Cat. 4 LTE (FDD & TDD), DC-HSPA+, TD-SCDMA, EDGE cellular modem
For more detail: IFA: more octo-core phones
This Post / Project can also be found using search terms:
- ifa arduino