Firefly has launched a new SODIMM-style, 67.6 x 40mm Core-PX3-SEJ module that runs Android 5.1 or Ubuntu 15.04 on a Rockchip PX3-SE. It’s a new 1.3GHz, quad-core, Cortex-A7 SoC. The 40 USD module is available in a 1GB RAM/8GB eMMC configuration on a $120, 117 x 85mm Firefly-PX3-SE development board. Other memory configurations may also be available soon.
The PX3-SE SoC gives the module a sandwich-style dev board and increases the operating temperature to -20 to 80℃ range. The Core-PX3-SEJ module is praised for its anti-corrosion gold finger expansion connector, and the dev board for its “double stud fixed” design.
Rockchip’s PX3-SE SoC was announced in May 2017. The main target of this SoC is Linux and Android-driven “mobile vehicle interconnect solutions.” The quad-A7 SoC implements a Mali-400 GPU and supports HD video.
The Firefly-PX3-SE board’s 2.4GHz WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 are supplied separately from the compact Core-PX3-SEJ COM. Despite the lack of 4K support, there are a numerous media interfaces, including a variety of audio features. There are HDMI, CVBS, MIPI-DSI or LVDS, and a DVP camera interface. Analog, SPDIF, and I2S audio connections are available along with an onboard mic and a “phone” I/O port.
The Firefly-PX3-SE board is further provided with a GbE port, 4x USB 2.0 host ports, a micro-USB OTG port, and an 84-pin expansion header. RTC, debug, and IR are also onboard.
Specifications summary for the Firefly-PX3-SE development board with Core-PX3-SEJ module:
- Processor : Rockchip PX3-SE (4x Cortex-A7 cores @ 1.3GHz); Mali-400 MP2 GPU
- 256MB, 512MB, 1GB, or 2GB DDR3 RAM (via Core-PX3-SEJ)
- 4GB to 64GB eMMC flash (via Core-PX3-SEJ) with 4GB and 8GB default SKUs
- MicroSD slot
- 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n with antenna
- Bluetooth 4.0 with BLE
- Networking: Gigabit Ethernet port (Realtek RTL8211E)
- Display & media:
- HDMI port with audio
- MIPI-DSI or LVDS LCD interface
- CVBS with video and audio
- DVP camera interface for up to 5MP
- 3.5mm analog audio input jack
- SPDIF optical output
- Microphone input
- I2S audio I/O
- A phone I/O interface