FDK CORPORATION will begin sample shipment of oxide based all-solid-state battery using high electrochemical potential cathode material “lithium cobalt pyrophosphate (Li2CoP2O7)” which was jointly developed with Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd. February 2017.
While applications using various batteries such as IoT devices and wearable devices expand and progress, the specifications required for batteries are becoming increasingly diverse, and, in particular, there is increasing interest in high energy density and safety performance. Respond to these needs all-solid-state batteries are attracting attention as next generation battery, FDK has been continued to develop all-solid-state battery using high electrochemical potential cathode material “lithium cobalt pyrophosphate (Li2CoP2O7)” with features such as high energy density, superior safety performance, and long life.
FDK developed ultra small size all-solid-state battery with capability of high voltage output using high electrochemical potential cathode material “lithium cobalt pyrophosphate (Li2CoP2O7)” and begins sample shipment from 20 December, 2018.
This battery is SMD (Surface Mount Device) type, so they can be mounted as one of the electronic parts, contributing to miniaturization of equipment and reduction of surface mounting cost.
- Small size SMD type – Dimension of Sample (L) 4.0mm x (W) 2.0mm x (T) 2.0mm
- High voltage, High capacity – High voltage 3.0V, high capacity 140μAh
- High energy density – Energy density 26mWh/cm3
- Wide operating temperature range – Operating temperature range -20 – +105℃
- High safety and environmental adaptability – Use inflammable materials
- Use stable oxide sintered ceramics (sulfide free)
- IoT device
- Wearable device
- Backup power supply for semiconductor products such as Real Time Clock (RTC)/SRAM/MCU
- Industrial equipment used in harsh environments (high temperature, vacuum etc.), measurement of automobile equipment application, wireless modules etc.