Doorbell to Arduino ‘Interface’
In my first Instructable I want to show you how to build an cheap and easy Doorbell to Arduino ‘Interface’ so you can let your Arduinoproject get triggered through it or simply use your Arduino as a bell.
Almost endless possibilities 😀
Step 1: What you need…
Here’s what you’ll need, its not that much…^^
First of all you need the ‘heart’ of the interface, the relay.
-My Doorbell has 12V DC so I used a FTR F1CA012V which is a ‘Double Pole Single Throw’-relay but you can use ‘Normally-open’ or ‘Change-over’-relays as well.
You also need:
1x 100k Ohm Resistor
1x small 3 port luster terminal
some bell wire
about 20cm control wire cable
shrink tubes to isolate the contacts and protect the ‘Interface’
Step 2: Lets build…
Ok, lets Build the Interface.
– solder the bell wire to the relay coil connections and isolate the contacts with shrink tube
– solder one single control wire (red) to the relay common terminal and isolate the contact with shrink tube
– prepare an other control wire (black), take the resistor and solder it to one end
– solder a third control wire (yellow) and the black wire with the pull up resistor to the relay ‘normally-open’ terminal, take some shrink tube and isolate the contact all over the resistor
– cut off a ~10-14cm long piece from the control wire cable isolation, pull your 3 control wires through it and insert them into the luster terminal
– at last do a big piece shrink tube and shrink in the whole relay with the cables to protect them from getting broken
For more detail: Doorbell to Arduino ‘Interface’
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 (For Any Color)
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 600,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Daily
How to Get PCB Cash Coupon from JLCPCB: https://bit.ly/2GMCH9w
This Post / Project can also be found using search terms:
- westminster chimes using piezos on arduino uno r3 as doorbell