1RE45 Non contact digital thermometer using arduino
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Components Used
- 3 Description
- 4 Idea
- 5 Plan Of Action
- 6 1st week:
- 7 2nd week:
- 8 3rd week:
- 9 4th week
- 10 5th week
- 11 Expenses(In Rupees)
- 12 Videos, Photos
- 13 Code
- 14 Team Members
- 15 Resources:
Temperature is the most frequently measured physical quantity, second only to time. Our idea is to make a non contact digital thermometer which is much faster than contact thermometers and also facilates measurements of temperature of moving objects. In this as there is no interface, no energy is lost by the object while measuring the temperature.
- MLX90614 (sensor)
- Atmega32 development board
- USB ISP STK500V2(programmer)
- LCD Display (8X2)
The project has been divided into 3 parts:
- Taking input from the object via sensor to ATmega32 board (microcontroller).
- processing the input through sensor(in the form voltage) and conversion to equivalent temperature.
- displaying the temperature on LCD screen.
The most basic design that we are thinking of consists of a sensor to transmit the infrared thermal radiation on a detector, which converts the radiant power to an electrical signal that can be displayed in units of temperature after being compensated for ambient temperature on the LCD screen. This configuration facilitates temperature measurement from a distance without contact with the object to be measured. We are thinking to use MLX90614 sensor. It is an Infrared sensor for non contact temperature measurements. Both the IR sensitive thermopile detector chip and the signal conditioning ASIC are integrated in the same TO-39 can. Integrated into the MLX90614 are a low noise amplifier, 17-bit ADC and powerful DSP unit thus achieving high accuracy and resolution of the thermometer.
Plan Of Action
- gathering the information for the concept used i.e, IR theory
- understanding the working of the sensor.
- we decided to work with an arduino.
- we decided to show the output using seven segment display by using four of them(then we moved on to LCD display in order to give temperature in both the units)
- we tried to make a layout of the circuit (with arduino).
- we shifted to the use of Atmega32 development board and USB ISP STK500V2(programmer) as we wanted to learn how everything goes in arduino(to have better learning).
- we tried to understand the working of Atmega32 development board and USB ISP STK500V2(programmer).
For more detail: 1RE45 Non contact digital thermometer
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 + 2 days Lead Time
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 300,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Per Day
Inside a huge PCB factory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XCznQFV-Mw
This Post / Project can also be found using search terms:
- arduino thermostat 4 capture image
- non-contact thermometer sensor arduino