Arduino Mega Pololu Shield using arduino
RepRap Arduino Mega Pololu Shield, or RAMPS for short. It is designed to fit the entire electronics needed for a RepRap in one small package for low cost. RAMPS interfaces an Arduino Mega with the powerful Arduino MEGA platform and has plenty room for expansion. The modular design includes plug in stepper drivers and extruder control electronics on an Arduino MEGA shield for easy service, part replacement, upgrade-ability and expansion. Additionally, a number of Arduino expansion boards can be added to the system as long as the main RAMPS board is kept to the top of the stack.
Version 1.4 uses surface mount capacitors and resistors to further cover edge issue cases. As of version 1.3 in order to fit more stuff RAMPS is no longer designed for easy circuit home etching. If you want to etch your own PCB either get version 1.25 or Generation 7 Electronics. Version 1.25 and earlier are “1.5 layer” designed boards (i.e. it’s double sided board, but one of layers can easily be replaced with wire-jumpers) that is printable on your RepRap with the etch resist pen method, or home fabbed with toner transfer.
This board is mostly based on Adrian’s Pololu_Electronics and work by Tonok. Copper etch resists methods suggested by Vik. Also inspired by Vik’s work with EasyDrivers. Circuit design based mostly on Adrian’s Pololu_Electronics. Joaz at RepRapSource.com supplied initial pin definitions and many design improvements. Much inspiration, suggestions, and ideas from Prusajr, Kliment, Maxbots, Rick, and many others in the RepRap community.
- It has provisions for the cartesian robot and extruder.
- Expandable to control other accessories.
- 3 mosfets for heater / fan outputs and 3 thermistor circuits.
- Fused at 5A for additional safety and component protection
- Heated bed control with additional 11A fuse
- Fits 5 Pololu stepper driver board
- Pololu boards are on pin header sockets so they can be replaced easily or removed for use in future designs.
- I2C and SPI pins left available for future expansion.
- All the Mosfets are hooked into PWM pins for versatility.
- Servo style connectors are used to connect to the endstops, motors, and leds. These connectors are gold plated, rated for 3A, very compact, and globally available.
- USB type B receptacle
- SD Card add on available — Available now made by Kliment – Sdramps
- LEDs indicate when heater outputs on
- Option to connect 2 motors to Z for Prusa Mendel
|File:ArduinoMegaPololuShield.zip||Eagle Files||These are the files you need to make the board.(Use the File: link to the left to access older versions of the file.)||media:ArduinoMegaPololuShield.zip|
|File:RepRapjr.lbr||Eagle Libraries||The components used in this board are here. see Eagle_Library||media:RepRapjr.lbr|
Will have locking connectors for the motors. Uses the MAX6675 thermocouple sensor, which essentially replaces the AD595. Less vias, which should also increase building time. Bottom only, to enable the possibility of a RepRap or toner transfer method to fabricate the board. Moved the power LED to the front for easy identification. Providing the user has a proto-shield for Mega, there is plenty of pins left for them to play with. By using another tiered board, will alow the possibility of more extruders and LCD all of which can communicate over the I2C protocol.
For more detail: Arduino Mega Pololu Shield
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 (For Any Color)
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 600,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Daily
How to Get PCB Cash Coupon from JLCPCB: https://bit.ly/2GMCH9w
This Post / Project can also be found using search terms:
- https://yandex ru/clck/jsredir?from=yandex ru;search;web;;&text=&etext=1827 ue6vmA5VFUb78I2_cazWmNJn3PdLJXiaLEZkghEk-zYPKxVRyV7_zpEJSSTC8LsY 9716aa0a187ec7bc36fe7b2eae90ad059c0cc7e8&uuid=&state=_BLhILn4SxNIvvL0W45KSic66uCIg23qh8iRG98qeIXme
- RepRap Arduino Mega Pololu Shield