The popular UGOOS brand has announced the launch of a TV Box powered by Amlogic S922X SoC called UGOOS AM6. Ugoos AM6, in contrast with older model, will include a fan for active cooling, providing optimal performance for the new Amlogic processor. While there are no available photos of the enclosure so far, Ugoos share some pictures of the board and specifications. UGOOS AM6 will run Android 9.0 just like Beelink GT-K, and other TV Boxes that will use the S922X SoC. AM6 TV Box will be available in the default version with 2GB of RAM and 16GB eMMC.
Ugoos AM6 Specifications:
- SoC – Amlogic S922X hexa-core big.LITTLE processor with 4x Arm Cortex A73 cores, 2x Arm Cortex A53 cores, Arm Mali-G52 MP6 GPU; 12nm manufacturing process
- System Memory – 2GB LPDDR4 RAM (3GB/4GB optional)
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash (8GB/32GB optional), micro SD card slot
- Video Output
- HDMI 2.1 up to 4K @ 75 Hz with CEC, HDCP 2.2, HDR support
- 3.5mm AV port for composite video (and stereo audio)
- Video – 4K UHD H.265/VP9/AVS2 video decoding up to 60 fps
- Audio – Digital audio via HDMI, analog stereo audio via AV port, S/PDIF port
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 MIMO RSDB, Bluetooth 5.0 via Ampak AP6398S module
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 OTG/Host port, 3x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – IR receiver, IR output port, battery header (for RTC?), LED header, 12-pin I/O header, Wake on LAN function
- Power Supply – 12V/2A via DC power barrel jack
- Dimensions – TBC
Other significant differences against Beelink GT1-K are that Ugoos AM6 should cost less since the default option has less memory (2GB) and storage (16GB). WiFi performance is expected to be good thanks to AP6398S module with MIMO and RSDB (Real Simultaneous Dual Band ) support.