SPRINTIR6S, WORLD’S FASTEST NDIR CO2 SENSOR
The new sensor comes with response rates that had never been reached before by any other NDIR CO2 sensors. It can take up to 20 readings per second, and has a six-times faster response rate than the current SprintIR.
According to Ralph Weir, GSS’ CEO, the sensor uses LEDs and photodiodes to measure differential light absorption between light at 4.2 and 4.4 μm. So, they succeeded to develop ultra-speed sensor, while other detectors take several seconds or even minutes to take a reading.
The SprintIR6S is less than a cubic inch in dimension with 23.8mm in diameter and 24mm tall. It operates at a range between 3.25V and 5.5V and consumes only 35mW. SprintIR6S is also available in measurements ranges from 0% to 100%.
Main Specifications Of SprintIR6S
- Warm-up Time: < 30 seconds
- Operating Conditions:
- 0°C to 50°C (Standard)
- 0 to 95% RH, non-condensing
- Recommended Storage: -30°C to +70°C
- Sensing Method:
- Non-dispersive infrared (NDIR) absorption
- Patented Gold-plated optics
- Solid-state source and detector
- Sample Method: Flow through
- Measurement Range: 0-5%, 0-20%, 0-100%
- Accuracy: ±70 ppm +/- 5% of reading (100% Range ±300 ppm +/-5% of reading)
- Non Linearity: < 1% of FS
- Pressure Dependence: 0.13% of reading per mm Hg in normal atmospheric conditions
- Operating Pressure Range: Atmospheric pressure range. Lower and higher pressures require more advanced pressure compensation.
- Response Time: Flow Rate Dependent – see graph below. Response time also depends on user configurable digital filter settings.
- Power Input:
- 3.25 to 5.5V. (3.3V recommended).
- Peak Current 33mA.
- Average Current <12mA.
Applications of SprintIR6S are those which require capture of rapidly changing CO2 concentrations. Such as capnography, fitness testing, metabolic assessment, sports science, veterinary medicine, bio-medical, and incubators.
This Post / Project can also be found using search terms:
- arduino CO2 sprintIR