LT8570 – Boost/SEPIC/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 65V Switch, Soft-Start and Synchronization
- 65V Power Switch
- Current Limit Options of 0.5A (LT8570) or 0.25A (LT8570-1)
- Adjustable Switching Frequency
- Single Feedback Resistor Sets VOUT
- Synchronizable to External Clock
- High Gain SHDN Pin Accepts Slowly Varying Input Signals
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.55V to 40V
- Low VCESAT Switch
- Integrated Soft-Start Function
- Easily Configurable as a Boost, SEPIC, or Inverting Converter
- User Configurable Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Pin Compatible with LT3580 and LT8580
- Tiny Thermally Enhanced 8-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN and 8-Lead MSOP Packages
The LT®8570 and LT8570-1 are PWM DC/DC converters. The LT8570 contains a 0.5A, 65V power switch, while the LT8570-1 contains a 0.25A, 65V power switch. The LT8570 and LT8570-1 can be configured as either a boost, SEPIC or inverting converter.
The LT8570/LT8570-1 have an adjustable oscillator, set by a resistor from the RT pin to ground. Additionally, the LT8570/LT8570-1 can be synchronized to an external clock. The switching frequency of the part may be free running or synchronized, and can be set between 200kHz and 1.5MHz.
The LT8570/LT8570-1 also feature innovative SHDN pin circuitry that allows for slowly varying input signals and an adjustable undervoltage lockout function.
Additional features such as frequency foldback and softstart are integrated. The LT8570/LT8570-1 are available in tiny thermally enhanced 3mm × 3mm 8-lead DFN and 8-lead MSOP packages.
- VFD Bias Supplies
- TFT-LCD Bias Supplies
- GPS Receivers
- DSL Modems
- Local Power Supply