EA DOG displays with a minimal power consumption now available in bigger sizes
Flat displays of the EA DOG series are now available even with a bigger resolution or with more characters.
EADOG series is familiar to many of you and probably it´s your favorite one from these main reasons:
● displays are unusually flat (thin)
● the have a very low power consumption of 100-s uA (without backlight)
● wide possibilities of backlight, monochrome and also RGB
● some types are well legible even without backlight
● simple communication through 4/8 bit or SPI interface and newly even I2C
So far, types with up to 128x64px or 3×16 characters were available. The most recent additions to the EADOG family are bigger types with resolution of 160x104px (EADOGXL160), 240x64px (EADOGM240), 240x128px (EADOGXL240) and 4×20 characters (EADOGM204) and appropriate backlight modules EALED66x40, EALED94x40 and EALED94x67. Also these new types maintain a low profile – only 5.8 or 6.5mm with backlighting. A positivity is that even these new types are based on standard LCD controllers.
A guide at a choice of a suitable combination of display +backlight will provide you the application described in our article – Start with the EA DOG displays for free.
Detailed information will provide you the datasheets at particular types.
In case of interest, please contact us at [email protected].
- compact LCD character and graphic modules with a selectable backlight – various combinations are possible
- 1×8 – 2×16 – 3×16 – 4×20,
- 102×32 .. 240×128,
- extremely flat: only 2.0 mm without backlight and 5.8 mm with backlight
- can be soldered directly into the PCB without any further assembly