The tiny Arduino IDE ready, usb and mobile dev board and ecosystem – cheap enough to leave in any project! Wi-fi, BLE, and 25+ shields!
Missed out? Pre-Orders!
Did you miss out on this Kickstarter – Don’t Worry! You can preorder a Digispark Pro at http://digistump.com/getpro
Thank you to our amazing backers! This project blew past our goals and hopes – we can’t wait to get the Digispark Pros in your hands, watch the Project Updates for frequent updates on the status of the project.
Update: The Robots Are Here! Get a robot car kit like the one in the video – starting at just $50 with everything you need to make an app or web controlled robot – check out the rewards!
Update: Stretch goals are here! Shield descriptions, and more!
- ACHIEVED!!! – $75,000 – More shields and PCBs – we’ll add the LiPo shield and at least one other – we’ll also make available super cheap just the PCB for each kit.
- ACHIEVED!!! – $100,000 – Cheap LEDs and Special Edition! – We’ll make the Kickstarter Digispark Pros with a special Kickstarter Edition silkscreen with a URL that goes to a list of all the backers. We’ll make both RGB LED shields $1 each for backers only.
- $150,000 – You tell us?!
Serial over USB debugging, USB programmable, 14 i/o, SPI, I2C, UART, USB Device Emulation, Mobile Development Ready, Optional BT, BLE, Mesh, and Wi-Fi.
The super small, dirt cheap, always open source, Arduino compatible, USB (and Mobile and Wireless!) development (and production) platform, and follow-up to the original Digispark.
Easier to use, more pins, more program space, more features, more reliable – supporting the entire existing Digispark ecosystem of 25+ shields and adding Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, BLE shields and more! Ready for all your projects – including mobile hardware development! All still super affordable!
The Digispark Pro Ecosystem is the cheapest, Arduino compatible development platform for Mobile and Wireless hardware development.
In August 2012 we launched the Digispark here on Kickstarter – we hoped to share with our fellow makers a cheap, open source, Arduino compatible that was easy to use and easy to program. The Digispark has been a hit – it is used by beginners and electrical engineers alike – from education to production to hobby use – and cloned and improved upon by some of the biggest names in open source hardware. The Digispark ecosystem now boasts an active forum, wiki, and 25+ shields. In the year and half that has passed since the launch of the Digispark, I’ve listened closely to feedback, complaints, bug reports, and unmet needs in the Arduino and Digispark communities. The result of which is the Digispark Pro!
The Digispark and Digispark Pro Ecosystem!
The Digispark Pro is designed to compliment the Digispark – it’s the middle child between the Digispark and the full blown Arduino. It is even easier to use than the Digispark, even more compatible with standard Arduino examples, and packed full of i/o, more program space, and more features! With new shields and libraries the Digispark Pro is also the most affordable mobile hardware development platform! And it is still just as small as a Digispark, and just as affordable – because electronics should be accessible to all!
- Compatible with Arduino IDE 1.5 (OSX/Win/Linux)
- Fully signed drivers and executable for easy installation
- USB programming, USB device emulation, USB-CDC virtual serial port emulation
- 16 Mhz AVR MCU – using a true 16Mhz precision crystal
- 16KB Flash Memory (14.5K+ after bootloader)
- Serial over USB debugging and communication!
- 14 i/o Pins (2 shared with USB)
- I2C, true SPI, UART, LIN, and USI
- ADC on 10 pins
- 3 PWM Channels (which can be assigned to a selection of pins)
- Power via USB, or External Source – 5v or 6-16v (automatic selection)
- On-board button that can be used as a reset, program, or user button – or can be disabled to use that pin as general i/o – without changing the bootloader
- On-board 500ma 5V regulator
- Power LED and Test/Status LED (on Pin 1)
- User accessible solder jumpers to disable LEDs, and other features for lower power consumption
- Two mounting holes.
- Breadboard compatible pin out/spacing (the three side header pins are only for legacy shield support).
For more detail: Digispark Pro – tiny, Arduino ready, mobile & usb dev board!