We are creating an automated aquaponic system with mobile updates via Twitter. Sensors and motors will be controlled from an Arduino while the entire system, including mobile updates, will be orchestrated by a Raspberry Pi. Tweets include pictures, sensor data, and system-critical updates. Original system schematics have changed a little but not much. We only used (2) relays and the LCD was attached to the Arduino, and the pH sensor didn’t make it into the system as of our due date.
Step 2: Schematic of System
Find our code on github!: https://github.com/vermiculus/garduino
Step 3: System Skeleton
Our system is built around a brita filter. The bottom will support the fish, and on top we will put the plants. We built a frame around the filter it to attach lights and wires. The bottom is made out of plywood, and we attached four poles in drill holes in the corners of the 2×4 that come together high above the filter to hang the lights from. In the bottom of the frame we left an open space to use for wire storage so that we have a place for the microcontroller boards and the alike to go.
For more detail: Aqua Garduino Mini @hydroFishAqua82
This Post / Project can also be found using search terms:
- duino projects4