For a while now, most popular ESP32-S2 boards available in the market are produced by Espressif Systems. This includes the ESP32-S2-Saola-1 and ESP32-S2-Kaluga-1. However, there is a new LilyGO TTGO ESP32-S2 board for sale.
This micro board is much the same to the ESP32-S2-Saola-1 board, and it is produced in two versions, and features the same form factor, but the TTGO ESP32-S2 has a completely different pinout, and enables a MicroSD card socket and a battery cell connector on one of the boards.
At first glance, it is easy to differentiate the two boards. The board with simple features is known as “ESP 32-S2 ESP32- S- WOOR,” and it is designed with ESP32-S2W ROOM component. However, the board with more features is the “TTGO ESP32-S2 ESP32-S,” which has its own integrated circuits designed around ESP32-SC WiSoc. The TTGO ESP32-S2 boards have many similar specs. They include:
- SoC – Espressif Systems ESP32-S2 single-core 32-bit Tensilica LX7 processor having 320 kB SRAM, 128 kB ROM
- System Memory – 8MB PSRAM
- Storage – 4MB flash; XY-ESP32-S only: MicroSD card socket
- -2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n WiFi 4 connectivity
- (i) XY-ESP32-S-WOOR: PCB antenna on module
- (ii)XY-ESP32-S:”3D” antenna
- USB – 1x USB-C port for power and programming via CH340C USB to TTL chip