STMicroelectronics’ small size debugging and programming probe is designed for STM32 microcontrollers
STMicroelectronics’ STLINK-V3MODS is a small size debugging and programming probe for STM32 microcontrollers. The JTAG/SWD interfaces are used to communicate with any STM32 microcontroller located on an application board.
The STLINK-V3MODS also provides a Virtual COM port interface enabling the host PC to communicate with the target microcontroller through one UART, and bridge interfaces (SPI, I²C, CAN, GPIOs) simplifying, for instance, the field programming through the bootloader. The STLINK-V3MODS is ready to be embedded in any application and can be directly soldered on the PCB motherboard.
- Modular probe with small size: approximately 15 mm x 30 mm
- Direct-to-PCB implementation by 2 x 16-pin 1.27 mm edge castellated vias, with all signals available in required minimum PCB surface
- Self-powered through a USB connector (MicroB)
- USB 2.0 high-speed compatible interface
- Direct firmware update (DFU) support
- JTAG / serial wire debugging (SWD) specific features:
- 3 V to 3.6 V application voltage support and 5 V tolerant inputs
- JTAG communication support
- SWD and serial wire viewer (SWV) communication support
- Virtual COM port (VCP) specific features:
- 3 V to 3.6 V application voltage support on the UART interface and 5 V tolerant inputs
- VCP frequency up to 15 MHz