Pixelduino – The Arduino with an awesome OLED display!
The Pixelduino is a tiny Arduino-compatible microcontroller with a full color 1.5″ OLED display + MicroSD built-in!
About this project
The Pixelduino is an Arduino-compatible microcontroller that features a 1.5″ 128×128 pixel color OLED screen and a MicroSD slot!
There are all sorts of things you can do with a device like this. You can create wearables like a watch, bracelet, pendant, or buckle that displays color images, attach sensors and display data in text or visual form, display debug information, create a graphics user interface, or even make simple retro games.
Features / specifications
- Processor : Atmel Atmega328P @ 5V / 16MHz
- IO pins : 14 digital, 6 analog
- Memory : 32K flash, 2K RAM
- Voltage regulator : TPS61202 5V boost converter
- Input voltage : 1.5 – 5.5V recommended
- Supply current : 100mA @ 0.5V, 1A @ 3V, 1.3A @ 3.7V
- Power connector : JST PH (standard for small LiPo cells)
- Display : 128×128 16-bit color 1.5″ (38mm) OLED w/ SSD1351 driver
- PCB Size : 1.7″ x 1.7″ (43 x 43mm)
The display on the Pixelduino is compatible with Adafruit’s GFX library. This library provides functions for blitting images, drawing primitives like lines and circles, and even includes basic bitmapped font support.
The theoretical maximum speed of this display when streaming from the SD card and refreshing the entire screen is ~10 fps. This is based on the speed of the SPI bus and the amount of data that needs to be pushed around.
For more detail: Pixelduino – The Arduino with an awesome OLED display!
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 + 2 days Lead Time
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 300,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Per Day
Inside a huge PCB factory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XCznQFV-Mw
This Post / Project can also be found using search terms:
- arduino oled i2c retro games