I finally finished the next version of my TinyLoadr AVR programming Shield – and it’s not a shield. It’s a standalone USB programmer, so you no longer have to have an extra Arduino laying around. The best part? It’s the same price as the shield was!
Read more to find out more about it, or visit my Tindie store to grab one for yourself!
Features at a glance
- Open source.
- Supports a wide range of AVRs (see list below)
- USB connector
- 16MHz clock source for all supported AVRs
- One 28-pin ZIF socket
- A Blink LED to test your microcontrollers
- 10 and 6-pin ICSP headers for programming target boards
- Can power target boards with 5V
- M3 (3.2mm) size mounting holes
- Easy to use for both beginners and advanced users
- Easy to use with both Arduino IDE and avrdude
What microcontrollers are supported?
The following DIP microcontrollers are supported in the ZIF socket:
On target boards, any microcontroller that avrdude supports is supported, though Arduino cores may not exist for all of them. Any pin-compatible AVRs will also work (that is, one with the same pinout).
For more detail: Introducing the TinyLoadr AVR Programmer