Puck.js – The Ground-Breaking Bluetooth Low Energy Beacon
- nRF52832 SoC – Cortex M4, 64kB RAM, 512kB Flash
- 8 × 0.1″ GPIO (capable of PWM, SPI, I2C, UART, Analog Input)
- 9 × SMD GPIO (capable of PWM, SPI, I2C, UART)
- Compatible with Bluetooth 5.0 – giving Quadruple the range, and double the speed of Bluetooth 4.2
- Built-in Near Field Communications (NFC)
- 12 bit ADC, timers, SPI, I2C, and Serial
- MAG3110 Magnetometer
- IR Transmitter
- Red, Green and Blue LEDs
- Pin capable of capacitive sensing
- Built-in temperature sensor, light sensor, and battery level sensor
- ABS plastic rear case and silicone cover with tactile button
- CR2032 210mAh battery
Puck.js has various sensors for different purposes and various kinds of output components. It can measure light, temperature, magnetic fields, and capacitance. This beacon also can control Infrared remote devices, produce any color light using RGB LED, and has a tactile switch that turns the Puck into one big button.
The Magnetometer on Puck.js is a digital compass. You can measure its orientation about the earth’s magnetic field in 3 dimensions. It can also detect a magnet nearby and measures the magnetic field.