Arduino “Pick N Place” Android Robot
Pick N Place robot is a basic level robot for beginners and leaders to learn all about the laws & concepts of Physics, Electronics & Mechanics hence it helps one to inherit this knowledge as one is implementing it. It helps you to get a feel of what robotics is all about.
- Arduino programming
- Bluetooth Application based Android smartphone control
- Wheel with track belt drive
- Pick and place operation by gripper
- Easy circuit implementation
Step 1: Video: Testing and Full Designing Process
Step 2: Components Required
- Robotic arm kit(which includes 4 geared motors, 4 wheels with track belts and arm gripper)
- Arduino Uno R3 board (or any other arduino board)
- HC05 or HC06 Bluetooth module
- 2 X L293D motor driver IC
- 12V Battery
- Android Smartphone or Tablet
- Android App and Arduino code (download it from Github)
Full working project kit is available at sgprojects.co.in for Indian customers.
Step 3: Structure and Working
About Robot body: The Robotic arm kit is made of two section. The bottom driving unit takes the robot to left, right, forward and backward motion. The top gripper unit is to pick and place any object. The driving unit has two motors and also the gripper unit has two motors. The Robot is strong enough to handle a task like bomb diffusing, transporting, rescue operation etc.
How It Works: The robot is connected to the smartphone via bluetooth and takes command from that. Each time when we touch the button on the screen of the phone, robot activates in action.
Step 4: Circuit Schematic
The circuit is very simple to design. Don’t be confused !
The arduino board receives the command from the bluetooth module and provides the digital signal to the motor driver IC L293D. Motor driver IC takes signal from the arduino pins and drive the motors by using 12V battery power. Two motors are for grippers and the other two motors are for tracking wheel drivers.
Read more: Arduino “Pick N Place” Android Robot