iWave Systems, a global leader in embedded system and cutting edge solutions, has partnered with Crank Software Inc., to support vibrant and rich graphics representation on the powerful i.MX 8 series System on Modules and SBC boards.
Powered by the NXP i.MX8 application processors, the SOM and SBC are optimized for sophisticated real-time computing in embedded applications, and the Crank Software perfectly complements the high performing modules with out of the box GUI experience, enabling consumers to interact with our platform seamlessly.
Here is an overview of iWave’s broad portfolio of i.MX8 Products:
- MX8 Quad Max and Quad Plus SMARC SOM
- MX8 Quad Max and Quad Plus SMARC SBC
- MX8M Quad/Dual/Quad lite SMARC SOM
- MX8M Mini Quad/Dual/Solo SODIMM SOM
Native to the i.MX 8QuadMax/QuadPlus SOM is an integrated high-performance Dual Vivante GC7000SXVX GPU and 4K H.265 capable VPU the Crank applications leverage to offer pixel-perfect 3D graphical acceleration on up to 4 x HD or one 4K display.
Crank has the following key features that make it well applicable for i.MX platforms:
- Accessible directly within NXP MCUXpresso SDK
- Wide support from FreeRTOS to QNX to Linux to Android OS
- Built to leverage board features that drive performance
- Consistent performance and reliability with both high- and low-power processors.
- Media-rich user interface development – Graphics, Audio, Connectivity
- Design, debug, deploy GUI without the need for programming
- Import and re-upload files from Photoshop
- Integrated animation & validation tools
- Adaptable to technology stack changes (hardware & software & OS)
iWave is committed to delivering high-quality solutions that will help our customers build products much quicker and with ease. The iWave i.MX 8 series SOM offers the ability to advance performance in integrated eCockpits, multi-camera, and multi-domain systems across industrial medical, automotive, and IIoT verticals. To fully enable advanced applications in customer products, collaboration with trusted partners such as Crank was integral to our go-to-market strategy, says Abdullah Khan, President, iWave Systems Technologies, India.
iWave systems and Crank Software collaboration will facilitate efficiency in design cycles, cost, and time to market for many customers who want to use the i.MX8 series processors. Our partnership with Crank Software will enable diverse graphical performance in various i.MX SOM/SBC products and also in various iWave HMI solutions.
Read more: UNLEASH A WORLD OF SMART POSSIBILITIES WITH IWAVE AND CRANK