The first run and the first troubles with the Arduino MKR 1000. FAQ.
Things used in this project
Finally I’ve got the board Genuino/Arduino MKR1000. It was well packed and fast shipped. But I’ve not found any instructions or guides even at the internet. So, I’ve decided to start at random with my Windows PC.
First, I’ve plugged in and seen that it requires some USB-driver:
Second, I’ve decided to let my system find this driver into the Arduino opensource repository. So, I’ve navigated to https://github.com/arduino/Arduino and downloaded all this repository as a single .ZIP file:
After I got it, I unpacked it and started installation of the driver.
Step 3: Device manager -> “Other Devices” -> Unknown Device -> Right click “Update Driver”
Step 4: Choose “Browse my Computer…” -> Point it under the folder you just unzipped “\arduino-master” including subfolders.
Step 5: After that your board should appear under “ports” section like this:
Step 6: Next, I must prepare the IDE for this type of board. So, I’ve just started my Arduino IDE (at least 1.6.7 release) and in the library manager (sketch -> include library -> manage libraries) I’ve searched for the “mkr1000” string.
I’ve seen the only one available library and installed it.
And of course the first program to test the board and to define the onboard LED pin (see below). The number of blinks is equals to the LEDs port number.
So, in my board the LED is on the 6th pin.
Enjoy your MKR1000!