CMOS imager has 2Mpixel resolution
The higher resolution EV76C570 is the latest addition to e2v’s renowned industrial CMOS imaging sensor range. The device features an identical CLCC48 package with only a minor change in hardware, and retains optical compatibility with the 1.3MP Sapphire sensor that is already in full production. A 1/1.8 inch optical format is retained thanks to the reduced pixel size of 4.5µm x 4.5µm. The SPI register banks are also virtually identical, therefore customers who have developed vision systems around the Sapphire (EV76560) and/or Ruby (EV76C660 & EV76C661)1.3MP sensors are able to implement the new EV76C570 to extend their product portfolio with minimal extra development efforts.
The compatibility of the family also extends to the following embedded application features (which are shared with the 1.3MP version):
- Both rolling and global shutter configuration with 3000:1 global shutter efficiency
- 60fps at full resolution with 120MHz clock
- 4x separately configurable regions of interest including the possibility to program each window with separate exposure and gain settings
- A histogram embedded in the footer of the image data field for image statistics to reduce the processing overhead for auto exposure/gain algorithms
- A lin/log pixel response mode for high dynamic range image capture
- A 10 Bit parallel output which can be compressed to 8 bits using a multi-slope companding technique.
Applications for the EV76C570 range from machine vision and smart cameras, to print or barcode scanning, and also outdoor cameras for traffic and surveillance applications. It also has some new and unique modes of operation for 3D imaging applications that e2v will be announcing separately.
Imager supplier e2v has increased the resolution of its Sapphire family of global shutter CMOS imaging sensors with a 2Mpixel 1600 x 1200 pixel device.
The EV76C570 device features an identical CLCC48 package with only a minor change in hardware, and retains optical compatibility with the 1.3Mpixel Sapphire sensor that is already in full production.
“The increased resolution is well timed with advances in processing speeds and with the emergence of new higher speed interfaces like USB3.0,” said Gareth Powell, marketing manager of industrial imaging sensors at e2v.
Applications will range from machine vision and smart cameras, to print or barcode scanning, and also outdoor cameras for traffic and surveillance applications.
The image sensor will also support operation for 3D imaging applications.
The sensor retains a 1/1.8 inch optical format thanks to the reduced pixel size of 4.5µm x 4.5µm.
For more read: CMOS imager has 2Mpixel resolution
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 (For Any Color)
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 600,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Daily
How to Get PCB Cash Coupon from JLCPCB: https://bit.ly/2GMCH9w
This Post / Project can also be found using search terms:
- arduino camera global shutter
- how to connect ardino camera to the memory card