This week is all about analog inputs for the arduino. I’ll show you how you can use a voltage divider circuit (see episode 3) and a variable resistor to make an analog sensor.
Thanks to Jeremy , for this articles
We’ll also use a Sharp IR distance sensor as an analog input to detect distance and movement (with some clever programming). By the end of this episode, you will be able to create your own emergency lighting system! Without further adieu, check out this week’s tutorial on analog inputs for the arduino…
One more thing: You only have 1 more week to submit your arduino projects and win a soldering station – get going!
You can download the files associated with this episode here:
Major Components in Project
1. Arduino Uno: http://us.element-14.com/arduino/a000046/arduino-uno-board/dp/13T9285
2. USB Cable: http://us.element-14.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?SKU=73H0884
3. Arduino Software: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
4. Breadboard: http://us.element-14.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?SKU=17C6965
5. LEDs: http://us.element-14.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?SKU=30K0645
6. 150 ohm Resistor: http://us.element-14.com/multicomp/mcf-0-25w-150r/resistor-carbon-film-150ohm-250mw/dp/38K0339
7. 10k ohm Resistor: http://us.element-14.com/multicomp/mccfr0w4j0103a50/resistor-carbon-film-10kohm-250mw/dp/58K5002
8. 1k ohm Resistor: http://us.element-14.com/multicomp/mcf-0-25w-1k/resistor-carbon-film-1kohm-250mw/dp/38K0327
9. Photoresistor: http://us.element-14.com/eg-g-vactec/vt90n1/ldr-200kohm-80mw-vt900-series/dp/99F4265
10. Thermistor: http://us.element-14.com/epcos/b57891m103j/ntc-thermistor/dp/21C9772
11. IR Distance Sensor: http://us.element-14.com/sharp/gp20a41sk0f/dp/14N9318
12. Jumper Kit: http://us.element-14.com/3m/923351-i/pcb-accessories/dp/65F2290
13. Multimeter: any will do.
For more detail: Arduino Analog Inputs