LTC3892 – 60V Low IQ, Dual, 2-Phase Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- Wide VIN Range: 4.5V to 60V (65V Abs Max)
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V ≤ VOUT ≤ 99% • VIN
- Adjustable Gate Drive Level 5V to 10V (OPTI-DRIVE)
- No External Bootstrap Diodes Required
- Low Operating IQ: 29μA (One Channel On)
- Selectable Gate Drive UVLO Thresholds
- Out-of-Phase Operation Reduces Required Input Capacitance and Power Supply Induced Noise
- Phase-Lockable Frequency: 75kHz to 850kHz
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse Skipping or Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation at Light Loads
- Selectable Current Limit (LTC3892/LTC3892-2)
- Very Low Dropout Operation: 99% Duty Cycle
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitors (LTC3892/LTC3892-2)
- Low Shutdown IQ: 3.6μA
- Small 32-Lead 5mm × 5mm QFN Package (LTC3892/ LTC3892-2) or TSSOP Package (LTC3892-1)
The LTC®3892/LTC3892-1/LTC3892-2 is a high performance dual step-down DC/DC switching regulator controller that drives all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stages. Power loss and noise are minimized by operating the two controller output stages out-of-phase.
The gate drive voltage can be programmed from 5V to 10V to allow the use of logic or standard-level FETs and to maximize efficiency. Internal switches in the top gate drivers eliminate the need for external bootstrap diodes.
A wide 4.5V to 60V input supply range encompasses a wide range of intermediate bus voltages and battery chemistries. Output voltages up to 99% of VIN can be regulated. OPTILOOP® compensation allows the transient response and loop stability to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values.
The 29μA no-load quiescent current extends operating run time in battery powered systems. For a comparision of the LTC3892 to the LTC3892-1 and LTC3892-2, see Table 1 in the Pin Functions section of this data sheet.
- Automotive and Industrial Power Systems
- Distributed DC Power Systems
- High Voltage Battery Operated Systems