ARM Sets New Standard for the Premium Mobile Experience
- New ARMv8-A-based ARM® Cortex®-A72 processor, 50X increase in CPU performance compared to just five years ago
- New ARM CoreLink™ CCI-500 Cache Coherent Interconnect, allowing higher system bandwidth, and increasing system efficiency
- New ARM Mali™-T880 GPU delivers console-quality gaming and stunning visuals in a mobile power envelope
- Optimization for the leading-edge TSMC 16nm FinFET+ process with ARM POP™ IP
- Cortex-A72 licensees include HiSilicon, MediaTek and Rockchip.
Cambridge, UK, Feb. 3, 2015 – ARM today announced a suite of IP that will enable a new standard for premium experiences on 2016 mobile devices. At the heart of this suite is the ARM Cortex-A72 processor, which is the highest performing CPU technology available for developing mobile SoCs today. In target configurations, the Cortex-A72 processor will deliver CPU performance that is 50X greater than the leading smartphones from just five years ago. The ARM premium mobile experience IP suite also offers a significant graphics upgrade generating a stunning visual experience for users at up to 4K120fps resolution. Devices with this new industry-leading technology suite are expected to enter the market in 2016.
The ARM premium mobile experience IP suite offers the most compelling mobile technology available today. Alongside the Cortex-A72 processor is the new CoreLink CCI-500 interconnect and the new Mali-T880 GPU, ARM’s highest performing and most energy-efficient mobile GPU, along with Mali-V550 video and Mali-DP550 display processors. To further ease chip implementation, the suite also includes ARM POP IP for the leading-edge TSMC 16nm FinFET+ process.
“Our new premium mobile experience IP suite with the Cortex-A72 processor delivers a decisive step forward from the compelling user experiences provided by this year’s Cortex-A57 based devices,” said Pete Hutton, executive vice president and president, products groups, ARM. “For multiple generations, together with our partners, we have delivered the leading-edge of the premium mobile experience. Building on this, in 2016 the ARM ecosystem will deliver even slimmer, lighter, more immersive mobile devices that serve as your primary and only compute platform.”
For More Details: ARM Sets New Standard for the Premium Mobile Experience