ESP8266 Bread Board Testing
This instructables show how to test ESP board on bread board without soldering, especially for ESP-07 and ESP-12(E) and may be ESP-03.
ESP board most require 2 mm pitch connector but most bread board are 2.54 mm pitch, It need some tricks on connect between ESP board and bread board.
Step 1: Preparation
- 2 mm pitch male pin connector with 14 or more positions, e.g. http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/3m/951240…
- ESP board, ESP-07 and ESP-12(E) preferred because they have pin hole on the connector
- 2 resistors for pull up and pull down resistor, it can be 1 – 12 k Ohms depends what you have in hand
Step 2: Cut and Bend the Connector
cut the connector, cut 7 positions each for ESP-03 and 8 positions each for ESP-07 and ESP-12(E).
Bend and adjust the long side of connector to fit for 2.54 pitch.
Step 3: Install Connector to ESP Board
Put the short side of connector to the ESP board pin holes.
Step 4: Install Pull Up and Pull Down Resistor
- Install pull up resistor between EN pin and Vcc pin
- Install pull down resistor between GPIO15 pin and GND pin
You may hide the resistors under the ESP board
Step 5: Install the ESP Board
Align the connector pin headers with the bread board hole and use some mild force push into it.
Step 6: Label ESP Pins
Stick masking tape on both side of the bread board and label the ESP pins for easy access.
Step 7: Flashing Firmware
For flashing the ESP firmware, temperately connect GPIO0 pin to GND pin. After flashing, remove it and reset.
Step 8: Happy Testing!
Read more: ESP8266 Bread Board Testing
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 (For Any Color)
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 600,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Daily
How to Get PCB Cash Coupon from JLCPCB: https://bit.ly/2GMCH9w