Clap activated LED strip
This Instructable shows you how to build a clap activated LED strip. The whole project is based on the Adafruit’s Secret Knock Activated Drawer Lock, where the user can record a secret knock pattern which will open the lock inside the drawer. I thought that I could use this to siwtch an LED strip on and off with a handclap pattern. So let’s begin!
Step 1: Components
I used the following components to build the circuit:
– 1x Adafruit Trinket 5V
– 1 x Simple white LED strip (1,5 m long)
– 1 x LED strip snap connector
– 1 x Green LED
– 1 x 240 Ω resistor
– 1 x 10 kΩ resistor
– 1 x STP16NF06 transistor
– 1 x Pushputton
– 1 x 12 VDC power supply
– 2 x Panel mount DC barrel jack – Female (size depends on the power supply’s jack size)
– 1 x DC barrel jack – Male
– 1 x Breadboard (for prototyping)
– 1 x Solderable protoboard (for the final circuit)
– two core wire for the LED strip
– single core wire for the circuit
– female headers (if you don’t want to solder the microphone and the trinket directly onto the protoboard)
– Soldering equipment
For the casing I used:
– 1 x Aluminum profile for LED strip (2m long, with end caps and opal cover)
– 1 x Equipment case (88x63x48 mm)
– Hot glue
Step 2: Code
For the code I modified the one presented on the Adafruit site. To upload and run the code on the Trinket you will need a mini usb cable.
Note: Before uploading a code to the trinket please follow these steps.
The code can be found below.
For more detail: Clap activated LED strip
JLCPCB – Prototype 10 PCBs for $2 (For Any Color)
China’s Largest PCB Prototype Enterprise, 600,000+ Customers & 10,000+ Online Orders Daily
How to Get PCB Cash Coupon from JLCPCB: https://bit.ly/2GMCH9w