XBee Wireless Shield
XBee Wireless Shield description:
The XBee Shield simplifies the task of interfacing an XBee with your Arduino. Works with all XBee modules including the Series 1 and Series 2.5, standard and Pro version. This is SparkFun’s own design and is a distant relative to the official XBee Shield from Arduino.
Power is taken from the 5V pin of the Arduino and regulated on-board to 3.3VDC before being supplied to the XBee. The shield also takes care of level shifting on the DIN pin of the XBee.
Includes a reset button, prototyping area, and LEDs to indicate power and activity on DIN, DOUT, RSSI, and DIO5 pins of the XBee.
XBee Wireless Shield specification:
- Mounts directly onto your Arduino
- DIN and DOUT pins of XBee can be connected to either the UART pins or any digital pin on the Arduino (D2 and D3 default)
- 3.3V power regulation and MOSFET level shifting on-board
- 9×11 grid of 0.1″ spaced prototyping holes
- Reset button brought out to shield
- Power, DIN, DOUT, RSSI and DIO5 indicator LEDs
XBee Wireless Shield pinout:
The serial pins (DIN and DOUT) of the XBee are connected through an SPDT switch, which allows you to select a connection to either the UART pins (D0, D1) or any digital pins on the Arduino (D2 and D3 default).
Serial TX/RX changeable to D2 and D3 by onboard smd-switch.
So RX/TX OR D2/D3 will be in use (Soft/Hard serial).
For more detail: XBee Wireless Shield