FaceBooth – One button to facebook photobooth
I wanted to make a photbooth for a Christmas party. I wanted it to be simple to operate and only be one click easy so that even a guest who was chemically uncoordinated could even operate it.I wanted a solution that would take a photo and post it on facebook. Guests could later tag themselves or others.
There are three parts to this solution:
- The Photobooth software
- The Button
- Software for the button to talk to the software
Step 1: The Photobooth Software
For the photobooth software, I have used DSLRBooth (http://www.dslrbooth.com/) it had everything I wanted.
- Print directly to a printer
- Post to facebook (Pro version only)
- Generate a QR code for guests to scan and retrieve their photos
- Email guests a copy of their photos
- SMS (Twilio account needed)
- Has a range of templates that you can overlay images etc… These can be customised as well.)
Rather than regurgitate the setup instructions, you can view them athttp://www.dslrbooth.com/howto/photo-booth-instructions/
The trial version runs for 7 days and gives you all premium features. If you plan on using this software, download it within 7 days of your event. Or pay for it.
Step 2: The Button
This was the fun bit. I wanted to make the whole experience simple to use. I thought a glowing button would do the trick.
For more detail: FaceBooth – One button to facebook photobooth
EasyEDA: Ideas for Circuit Design, Innovation for Electronics Access
Free Circuit Design: Schematic – Simulation – PCB Layout – Gerber Viewer
JLCPCB Prototype: Only $2 for 10pcs 10×10cm, 24 hours Quick Turn, DHL Delivery in 3 days