Emic 2 Text-to-Speech Module
The Emic 2 Text-to-Speech Module is a multi-language voice synthesizer that converts a stream of digital text into natural sounding speech. Using the universally recognized DECtalk text-to-speech synthesizer engine, Emic 2 provides speech synthesis capabilities for any embedded system via a simple command-based interface.
Portions of this design are distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution-3.0 United States license.
- High-quality speech synthesis for English and Spanish languages
- Nine pre-defined voice styles comprising male, female, and child
- Dynamic control of speech and voice characteristics, including pitch, speaking rate, and word emphasis
- On-board audio power amplifier and 1/8” (3.5mm) audio jack
- Asynchronous 9600 baud serial interface
- Single row, 6-pin, 0.1” header for easy connection to a host system
For More Details: Emic 2 Text-to-Speech Module
This Post / Project can also be found using search terms: