Creator Ci40: The ultimate IoT-in-a-box dev kit
Driven by the desire to change the status quo of the Internet of Things market and to help the hardware and software community move ahead, we have created the ultimate IoT-in-a-box development kit for connecting devices between each other and to the cloud.
Why choose Creator Ci40 for IoT?
Many of those looking to explore the IoT and embedded computing markets face a hard but honest question: where do I start?
Making sense of the many boards and accessories, hardware and software interfaces, connectivity standards and APIs has been described as one of the biggest problems that the computing industry is facing today.
The Creator™ Ci40 IoT kit includes not only the hardware building blocks needed to quickly prototype a wireless IoT system from scratch but most importantly the open source software frameworks, the network stacks and the cloud connectivity capabilities required to securely connect and authenticate devices to the cloud.
The Creator Ci40 IoT kit offers you a complete yet flexible package that includes:
- A powerful IoT hub, the Creator Ci40 development board integrates a 550 MHz dual-core, dual-threaded MIPS CPU running OpenWrt and a multi-standard connectivity package (802.11ac 2×2, Bluetooth 4.1, 802.15.4, fast Ethernet), with room for further expansion
- Two battery-powered MikroElektronika Clicker™ boards featuring a dedicated 6LoWPAN chip and the mikroBUS™ socket for adding sensors
- Three MikroElektronika Click boards™ for measuring temperature, detecting motion, and controlling a relay (hundreds of other Click boards are available from MikroElektronika)
Build an IoT project with Creator Ci40 in five easy steps
Using Creator Ci40 to prototype an IoT project is a breeze:
- Mount any Click board on a battery-powered Clicker expansion board to form a standalone wireless device (e.g. a wireless sensor or a switch)
- Program the standalone wireless device to communicate with the Creator Ci40 IoT hub over the 6LoWPAN network
- Connect other wireless devices to the Creator Ci40 IoT hub using 6LoWPAN, Bluetooth® (Smart or Classic), Wi-Fi or any other wired/wireless interface available
- Process all sensor readings and additional data using the powerful computing hardware available on the Creator Ci40 IoT hub
- Send the results to the cloud using our FlowCloud™ IoT framework for further analysis and reporting
Our Creator Ci40 IoT kit perfectly addresses individual makers inspired to build innovative connected projects at home as well as small and medium enterprises or entrepreneurs who want to quickly prototype an IoT platform and then ramp up for volume production.
If you’re a maker, an IoT developer, a Linux hacker or even a company looking to build a revolutionary IoT project, Creator Ci40 is the ideal solution for you.
The possibilities are endless – and we can’t wait to see how you use Creator in your next project! Examples of applications where Creator Ci40 could be deployed include home automation, e-health, efficient gardening and agriculture projects, smart cities, security and surveillance, safety-critical connected sensors, or environment and air quality monitoring.
Read on for an overview of the package, a breakdown of the hardware and a summary of the pre-bundled software.