Arduino-Square with Color LCD
Step 1: Configure Arduino-Square
• First begin by pulling the Arduino-Pro board outside of the Arduino-Square frame and rest it on top of the frame. (You should be able to do this easily by angling the Arduino-Pro board inside the frame, pulling one side out of the frame and then the other.)
• Line up the Color-LCD Shield pins with Arduino-Pro connectors. There are 2 sets of 6 pin connectors on one side and 2 sets of 8 pin connectors on the other.
• Plug the FTDI serial adapter into the right angled 6 pin connector located on the Arduino-Pro board adjacent to the power connector.
• Plug the USB cable into your computer.
Step 2: Upload Sketch
• To install the Color-LCD library copy and paste the entire “ColorLCDShield” folder into the Arduino Library folder
o Win: My Documents\Arduino\libraries\
o OS X: ~/Documents/Arduino/libraries/
• Start the Arduino software and open the BSQ-ColorLCD sketch.
• To configure Arduino for your Arduino-Square select Tools->Board and select “Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (3.3V, 8Mhz) w/ ATmega 328”
• Go to Tools->Serial Port and select the Serial Port that was created for the FTDI serial port adapter (example “COM 5”).
• Click on the “Upload” button. You should see a small progress bar at the bottom right of the Arduino console.
• Once the code is done uploading an image with multiple colored bars should appear on your LCD Shield. NOTE: If the screen turns on but the image is distorted, the most likely reason is that your Shield uses a different driver. To fix this, change the code on line 33 from “ lcd.init(EPSON);” to “ lcd.init(PHILLIPS);” or vice versa.
Step 3: Final Assembly
• Unplug the FTDI serial adapter from the Arduino-Pro and, with the Color-LCD Shield still plugged in.
• Reinsert the Arduino-Pro board back into the Arduino-Square frame.
• To power the Arduino-Square with the Battery-Square connect the corner contacts with the “+” symbol.
For more detail: Arduino-Square with Color LCD
EasyEDA: Ideas for Circuit Design, Innovation for Electronics Access
Free Circuit Design: Schematic – Simulation – PCB Layout – Gerber Viewer
JLCPCB Prototype: Only $2 for 10pcs 10×10cm, 24 hours Quick Turn, DHL Delivery in 3 days