8-Channel Relay Driver Shield
8-Channel Relay Driver Shield description:
Drive up to 8 relays from your Arduino using just 2 I/O pins. Communicates with your Arduino using I2C, so you can stack several shields together to drive 16, 24, or more outputs.
I2C connections are linked by default to Arduino pins A4 and A5, but can be switched to use the R3 headers using solder jumpers. This allows the shield to be compatible with older R2 boards such as the Duemilanove, newer ATmega328P boards with R3 headers such as the Uno R3, and non-ATmega328P boards with R3 headers such as the Leonardo.
Includes back-EMF protection and works with a wide range of relays.
Relays can be powered independently from your Arduino, or the relay power rail can be jumpered to Arduino VIN to allow the Arduino to be powered via the shield or vice versa.
Screw terminals for connecting to relays are located outside the Arduino header profile to provide easier cabling access.
8-Channel Relay Driver Shield specification:
- Plugs straight into your Arduino-compatible board
- Just 2 I/O pins required to control 8 outputs
- Individual LED status display on every output channel
- LED status displays for host power and external power
- Stackable headers pre-fitted
- Drive relay coils of 5V to 24V (with external power supply)
- Maximum output current 115mA per channel
- Dimensions: 52(W) x 66(H) x 12(D)mm
8-Channel Relay Driver Shield pinout:
For more detail: 8-Channel Relay Driver Shield